Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Kindergarten Follow Up



First let me say that kindergarteners are awesome. Their imagination and enthusiasm is so contagious. Some of the great responses to art that I received were: "Art is about having fun", "I like to make messes, except when I have to clean it up", "I love the colors", "It's so fun to create".

What is apparent to me, is that I feel the exact same way as an adult that these five and six year olds do. Art is about having fun, making messes, color, and most of all, the enjoyment to create an idea.

We did bubble painting as our project. Each student had a straw and primary colors mixed with bubble solution. Some of the works were fantastic and they found so many different ways to use their straws. Many of them used them as sticks to splatter and drip the paint as well as to lightly blow bubbles. One little girl didn't like it so much since she used the straw to drink the paint. After a glass of water, she was back creating.

No comments: