Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Paintings are Set--A New One About to Begin

Today I finalized which pieces are going to be part of the show at the SAM Gallery. I'm happy with the choices the gallery director made and I'm anxiously waiting for July to roll around.

This weekend I'm planning to paint a piece that I've had in my mind for the past month. Lately I've been doing lots of commission work so it will be nice to paint something for my own enjoyment. It seems like I'm in a yellow phase right now. Earlier this year I went through an orange phase which for some strange reason isn't a color that I have painted with much. My palette seems to be heavily influenced by the northwest resulting in predominately blues, browns, greys, and green. I'll post a picture of the finished piece to get your thoughts.

No comments: