Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Beauty of Oil Paint

A few weeks back I took a test called the Myers-Briggs. It assesses your personality traits by asking simple questions. After receiving the results, it was almost spot on with how I view myself. I won't go into details about the analysis, but one part that I found fascinating was that it told me I'm pressure prompted.

The beauty of oil paints is that they force you to get things done ahead of time. This is due to the long drying period they require; some paints take a month or so to dry to the touch, and because I use so much paint, at times even longer. Cadmiums are a perfect example. I bring this up, because I just completed my final piece for a show in late July and it's so nice knowing there won't be a last minute scramble.

No comments: